Monday, May 31, 2010

We got a tree!

So I've been looking to buy a tree. We have lots of short, wide pots of flowers and veggies on the deck, but I wanted something vertical. We also have an empty corner that's been looking pretty sad... which made today's random walk past a flower shop particularly tempting.

You guys, I bought a Gardenia!

To be fair, I didn't know what it was and I was first looking at the Hibiscus tree (crazy pink flowers and pretty tall). But suddenly I caught a whiff of something delicious. Like someone sprayed some perfume, except better. And so I turned my head and caught sight of these bad boys:



After a lengthy conversation with a local gardener who happened to be passing by, I was sold. I carried it home and made the doorman smell the flowers on my way upstairs. When Chris opened the door, there I stood, holding a tree in my arms and grinning like a kid on Christmas. He laughed for ten minutes about that. He buys PS3 games, I buy trees.

Here's the new inhabitant of our deck! I wish you could smell it across the Internets, but you'll have to trust me. It smells crazy good.





1 comment: